I have an office job, wich means I sit in front of my computer all day, every day. In the evening I have evening classes, so again I’m sitting.
I need to study and write a thesis, so again I’m sitting down.
It’s clear, I need to move more!
They say it’s healthy to take 10 000 steps a day. It could reduce your risk for diseases and helps you lead a longer, healthier life. So, what are the benefits?
· A lower BMI
· Reduced waist size
· Increased energy
· Less risk for Type II diabetes
· Less risk for a heart disease
My new Fitbit Inspire will help me do this! Or at least, it will count the steps, but I ‘ll do them myself. So 10 000 steps, this seems a lot for me on a workday.
But I guess there are options:
· A walk during the lunch break
· Try to take the stairs more, just because it’s healthy.
· A short walk as study break (a nice walk also calms the mind and helps you relax)
· Instead of sending e-mails to your colleagues, you can also walk to them.
· Take the toilet downstairs.
· Park your car a litlle bit further.
· If you travel by bus or metro, try to take the stop before yours
· Take just one glass of water to your desk, so you have to walk more times
· Walk around while taking a call
· Set goals (set your mind to these 10 000 steps)
These are all tips I’ve been trying out for the last week.
Now fitbit is a great help. When you’re sitting still for to long, you get a message, like a little remender to move. The watch just vibrate for a seconde so you know you need to move.
What did fitbit do for me? He made me aware that I don’t take enough steps every day. Sometimes I’m working and don’t realise that I haven’t been moving for hours. Just by looking at my Fitbit on my wrist I’m now more aware and try to move and walk more.
#FitbitTips #getfitwithfitbit #fitbitnl #fitbit #GiftFit #fitbitbelgium